This window allows you to enter the basic information for a unit that is already occupied.
When creating a unit that is already occupied, you need to enter information about the existing tenant and their financial history.
- Begin by entering the tenant’s name. The last name is required. Then enter the Move-In date and the Paid-To date. The Paid-To date is very important. This, combined with an accurate monthly rent, will determine the tenant’s current balance.
- You can also add monthly charges by clicking the Add Monthly Charges button.
- Enter any credits or debits on the customer’s account by clicking the Balance button and entering the amounts in the appropriate fields.
- To tell the program whether you have sent a late notice to this tenant recently (and if so, which kind), select one of the choices from the pull-down menu next to “Have you sent this tenant a notice recently?”
- If you wish to make a more detailed entry of the tenant’s information (address, phone number, etc.) you can click on the Do Detailed Entry button.
- Finally, you can enter the security deposit the tenant gave you (if any) on Move-In.
- Once you have confirmed that all of the information is correct, click the ?OK button.
You may also delete or change the information for any of these units. Select a unit from your list and go to the Unit menu on the toolbar then select either Delete This Unit or Change Unit Info, depending on which action you would like to make.