In any upgrade situation there are a number of factors to take into consideration in regards to compatibility. Our current line of self storage software and security products are compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 in both 32bit and 64bit environments. Any new computer will more than exceed the minimum computer requirements in terms of memory and hard drive capacity for any of our programs.
- QuikStor Express version 18.104.22.168 and later is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 in both 32bit and 64bit environments. The installation requires User Account Control (UAC) be turned off and stay off while the program is installed. Your QuikStor technician will generally turn UAC off when installing the software for you.
- The Outlook integration module is not compatible with 64 bit Office. In addition, the reports generated by QuikStor Express cannot be opened by 64 bit Excel.
QuikStor 3D Site Graphics – no known compatibility issues with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 in both 32bit and 64bit environments.
QuikStor SmartClient: This product can be accessed from any PC, mobile device, or tablet capable of running remote desktop as an application or an app. This section of our knowledge base covers QuikStor SmartClient in more depth: SmartClient
QuikStor onDemand: This product can be accessed from almost any device with an internet connection. View this webinar for a walk-through of QuikStor OnDemand: QuikStor OnDemand Webinar
Guardian Series Keypads
Guardian Keypads are fully compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 operating systems in both 32 bit and 64 bit environments.
- User Account Control – User account control must remain off in order for Guardian Control Panel to function properly.
- Admin Access – QuikStor supports Guardian Control panel only for users with Administrative rights on the PC. While some facilities do have Guardian Control Panel running for non-admin users, QuikStor will provide troubleshooting on an Administrative level account only.
Our legacy products have only partial compatibility. Compatibility details are as follows:
QS900 Series Keypads
If your facility is currently using QS 900 or older keypads please remember that these keypads are not designed to work in a 64 bit environment. That being said, we have several facilities that use them successfully on Window’s Vista and Windows 7 computers. Windows 8 is not recommended for this keypad system.
- Connection: QS900 keypads use a serial port connection. This type of connector is no longer standard on computers and must be specially ordered. Our recommendation is that a serial card be installed however some sites do have success with a USB to serial adapter. QuikStor does not support the use of an adapter.
- Troubleshooting: Using a 64 bit computer will limit the amount of troubleshooting we can provide for your gate system should a gate issue arise. The troubleshooting and diagnostic programs we use when a gate issue arises will not run in a 64 bit environment. These diagnostic tools will work on 32 bit operating systems.
If you need any further clarification about our compatibility or have a special situation, please feel free to give us a call or use the Contact Us form to send us an email.