Before going into the software section of the wireless alarm setup let’s confirm that all hardware is installed properly.
Below is a basic checklist that will aid you. Please check off each item as it is completed:
- All magnets are properly installed on the unit doors
- All sensors are installed on the correct unit numbers, properly aligned and with a 1/2” gap.
- All repeaters are installed per the equipment layout provided by the QuikStor Installation Department, and powered. You should have a green LED that flashes as it receives signals from nearby sensors.
- The wireless base station is installed inside the office and properly wired to the UltraConverter. You should have a green LED on the base station that flashes as it receives signals from nearby sensors and repeaters. Additionally you will have an alternating red & green LED flashing on the UltraConverter labeled, “Base Status”.
- If you are planning to utilize local sirens, you will need to connect a relay board to the keypad network. Please see the Guardian Relay Board Installation Manual for instructions on how to properly connect your relay board and sirens.